Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your St. Paul smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total charge of your St. Paul home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in St. Paul do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also provides convenient remote access and control through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video from your connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in St. Paul by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in St. Paul
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the information to deliver an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new St. Paul smart home. Dial (651) 240-6686 to learn more.