Features to look for in a home security camera in St. Paul
So many people in St. Paul want to take a look what’s going on at their house when they are not home This is the main reason why security cameras are some of the best tools to include as you figure out your home security system. Even though standalone cameras can be of use when configured appropriately, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your property’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in St. Paul? You’ll be happy to find these important devices come with more conveniences than ever before. You are able to see real-time footage from indoor cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with incorporated deterrents from exterior cameras. You’ll also have easy access to your surveillance devices with a central control panel or smartphone app.
Impressive features bolster home security cameras in St. Paul
Versatile and easy-to-manage security cameras will elevate your home’s defense to a different level. These vital parts of your security system can be found with an impressive array of features such as bi-directional communications, night vision, and mobile access. Explore the possibilities here.
- Forceful deterrents: Choose a surveillance camera that is able to take immediate action. If strange behavior is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a bright ring of red light will emerge on the outside of the camera lens and a loud warning will emit.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision sensors provide clear-cut images of your property no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also keep their crisp imaging when zooming in on details.
- Cloud storage: Check for surveillance with cloud storage capabilities and the capacity to watch clips right from your smartphone app.
- Security app: Today’s surveillance systems in St. Paul are frequently paired to a convenient mobile device app. You have the opportunity to view real-time feeds or pre-recorded clips and even activate or deactivate your alarms. The Vivint App will post a notification to your phone whenever a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detectors: Integrated motion detectors prompts cameras to engage when strange activity occurs. You’ll even be alerted with a notification on your smartphone.
- Speak to visitors or family: Would you welcome the chance to check in with your children when they return from school? Do you have a stranger at your main entry? Today’s home security cameras, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way audio so you are able to speak to anyone detected by your equipment.
- Improve your perspective: As a good rule of thumb, your outdoor video cameras should offer no less than a 120° view. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This benefit gives you the chance to set the specific space you would like your camera to cover. This will be helpful to limit the activity you watch as you don’t necessarily want updates whenever an automobile goes by on the road.
Configure your own home security system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in St. Paul. All that remains is to design your own customized Vivint smart home. Phone (651) 240-6686 to get started or complete the simple form on this page to reach out to our home protection and automation professionals.